I know, the dreaded TAX word. As an Accountant, this is the time to gear up for the new season that is coming in only two weeks. 2020 was a crazy tax season with extended deadlines, call meetings and lots of questions. Let’s hope 2021 goes smoother.
But, as a author, there are many things to think about. If you’ve earned royalties, then you’ll need to file that. I do have some light at the end of that tunnel though, expenses…
Here are some of the expenses that an author can claim:
- Writing Programs
- Educational courses to help with writing
- Office supplies – pens, paper, ink, notebooks, etc.
- Subscriptions to writing sites or programs
- Fees for book signings (Hopefully you were able to get some in before things changed)
- Computers (Remember to delegate the percentage you use it for writing.)
That’s just a small list. But, hopefully you did great this year and need to claim some expenses.
So, good writing and May God Bless You…