If you haven’t figured it out yet by my posts I’m a Georgia girl. Since you can’t hear me talk on here, you’d have to figure it out by my way of expressing myself. I have a definite southern tone that humors my clients not from the south. They call sometimes just to hear me talk which is hilarious. This is just the way I talk, nothing special.
Well, if you’ve never been to Georgia, let me enlighten you on the great things about my home state.
- We may have high humidity, but you can’t beat the weather in Georgia. You can wear shorts up until October most years and the winters can be mild. Don’t get me wrong, it can get down right cold here too and not to mention really hot in the summer, but it’s Georgia.
- The terrain varies from Mountains, plains, beaches, and even swamps. We’ve got it all! If you want it we’ll show it to you with southern flare and manners, well mostly 😉
- Oh yeah, did you know that Georgia is becoming a second Hollywood. Because of our vast terrains and many attributes, the film industry is seeking our state out. Some of my favorites were filmed here. Just to name a few: Vampire Diaries, In the Heat of the Night, Smokey and the Bandit, Dukes of Hazzard, My Cousin Vinny, Sweet Home Alabama, Forest Gump, Madea of any kind, and so many more it’s crazy. You can’t throw a stone here without hitting someone famous, which is really cool. So many things have been filmed within a few miles of my home. It’s crazy how fast we became a studio state.
- Savannah – if you’ve read any of my books, then you’ve heard that city mentioned. It’s one of my favorites. Since I’m a history lover, why not? Savannah is rich with history and you feel it as soon as you step on the soil of the beautiful old city.
- Peaches – If you haven’t had a good sweet juicy Georgia peach then you’ve missed out. There’s nothing like biting into a peach and the juice just runs down your face. Some Georgians eat it with the peeling on, but not me.
- Southern hospitality – It’s not completely dead. Most of us still like to make strangers feel right at home with our southern charm.
- Sweet Tea – ahhhh yes, who can forget our sweet tea. Yes, the sweeter the better. Even on my diet I keep the sweet tea handy. Try it, you’ll love it.
- Let’s talk country music for a minute. Luke Bryan for instance, oh did I mention he’s a Georgia boy. Not to leave out Jason Aldean, Doug Stone, John Berry (Met him at our Church during his concert, awesome man), Trisha Yearwood, Alan Jackson, the list could go on.
- My favorite movie was about Georgia and written by a Georgia woman – Gone With The Wind. The love story pulls me in every time. There’s something about a forbidden love that just makes for a good movie.
- Last but not least, it’s my home. I’m proud to say I’m a Georgia girl. The moment I come back from a trip, the sign that says, Welcome to Georgia, always makes me smile. I’m home!
So, do you want to experience Georgia? If you get a chance come by and visit our state. You might see a star, famous singer or just grab a glass of sweet tea and slice of peach pie.
As always, good writing and May God Bless You…