Welcome to Day 16 of the 2nd Annual Romancing September Across The World Blog Tour. I’ve teamed up with Rosie Amber again this year. We’re promoting 30 awesome romance authors in 30 days. Help us out by cross promoting when you can and check out these authors.
Don’t forget to go over to Rosie Amber’s page and check out her page too.
Today my guest author is Mary M. Forbes and I want to thank her for blogging with me today. Here is a little about her and her book One Dance With A Stranger.
1) What inspired you to write this book? I watched George Strait in Pure Country and listened to Alan Jackson’s CD ‘Who I Am’. The whole story developed from the movie and the CD. I often get inspiration from songs and ‘what if’ from watching movies or shows.
2) What’s your favourite part of this book and why? I love the last chapter, when Emily realizes her life is empty without love and especially without Wade.
3) What is your philosophy on writing and life? I want to give my readers an enjoyable few hours of escapism. I think life has enough reality that it cannot harm anyone to dream for a bit and be happy regardless of what reality offers. My motto is ‘In Dreams we can be anyone we want.’
4) Name your three favourite books that you’ve written — feel free to list buy links I will always love ‘Hawk’s Gift’ (my first attempt) – a historical romance, set in the west during the Riel Rebellion – Canada’s civil war.
The buy link is on Amazon: – http://www.amazon.com/Hawks-Gift-Mary-M-Forbes-ebook/dp/B005HXD26Y/ref=la_B002UUEK4U_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406295295&sr=1-2
I enjoyed the intrigue and mystery involved in ‘Alberta Wild Rose’ – another historical romance – set in the west, about a group searching for a legendary mine in the mountains. The buy link is Amazon: -http://www.amazon.com/Alberta-Wild-Rose-Mary-Forbes-ebook/dp/B005HXD13I/ref=la_B002UUEK4U_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406295496&sr=1-5
And my other favourite is One Dance with A Stranger – where my characters developed their own personalities and demanded their story be told.
5) What are your goals for this year? The first part of the year was writing, editing and getting the first book in my Crystal Ridge series published. Check – accomplished. I want to finish the second ‘Sophisticated Cowboy’ this year as well. I am attending a When Words Collide festival in Calgary in August as well as attending a family reunion in Saskatchewan.
6) If you had to give one piece of advice what would it be? In the whole scheme of life – how important is this? I think people worry too much about what might or might not happen. I would love to see people enjoy life more and worry less.
Bio: – Born and bred on western stories by Zane Grey, I grew up in the middle of nowhere Saskatchewan. Although modern life intervened, I soon realized the similarities between my life and North American western past. From riding horses, playing cowboys and Indians with real Indians combined with the scenery of vast, open prairies and endless horizons I was living my dream.
Blurb on One Dance with a Stranger – Emily feels it is important to hide her sordid past. Love has no part in her new life. Her job and her respectable fiance are achievements that she has no intentions of jeopardizing. No one knows she once posted for a nude magazine and she will do anything needed to keep it that way. Why would she even think of risking everything to follow her heart’s desire – charismatic, fickle Wade Hart? A man who knows all her dark, deep secrets?
Country singing idol, Wade doesn’t question why he is attracted to his brother’s fiancee. He just knows he will have her. He is used to getting whatever he desires. Today he wants Emily. Set in the ‘new west’ – Calgary – follow the twisted path of love and romance, too potent to resist.
Site addresses: Website: – http://marymforbes.wordpress.com Author Central: – http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002UUEK4U Facebook: – Profile – https://www.facebook.com/marymagdelineauthor Page: – https://www.facebook.com/marymagdelineforbesauthor?ref=hl ; Twitter: – https://twitter.com/maryauthor Pinterest: – http://www.pinterest.com/marymforbes/ Goodreads: – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3170035.Mary_M_Forbes
Thanks so much for joining us on this grand adventure we call Romancing September Across the World 2014 Blog Tour.
As always, good writing and May God Bless You…
5 thoughts on “Romancing September Across the World – Day 16 Mary M. Forbes”
I love your motto, Mary. And the philosophy of life. Books like yours helped me escape the grim years of dictatorship. Thank you! Best of luck with your writing!
Movies and songs are a great way to get inspiration for writing.
Love your settings, Mary.
Having grown up in a tidy part of England, with neat fields and hedges – that landscape sounds wonderful!
Reblogged this on Realm of Romantic Mystical Manuscripts and commented:
Romancing September Across the World – Day 16 Mary M. Forbes with Stephanie Hurt…
I loved reading the part where you answered the question for your philosophy on life. I love reading books to escape the realities the go by me in my life. So when I review a book, I rate it on how well it throws me into a different world other then my own.